Thursday 6 June 2013

Bamboo Yarn Baby Bib

A couple of months ago an online friend -  who I have never met - sent me several balls of  Sirdar Smiley Stripes yarn.



 
I had never used this yarn before. It is a very pretty and colourful yarn with a multi-colour stripe effect. And it is gorgeously soft -
a blend of 80% bamboo and 20% merino wool.


 
 
I made this pretty little baby bib in a simple garter stitch.
 

I am really pleased with the way it looks and feels - it will be beautifully soft against a baby's delicate skin.
 
And as I still have a couple of balls to use, I plan to make a sleeveless baby top.
 
Thank you so much Micky - you were very generous.
I hope someone does something lovely for you.
I like to believe in karma.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! And the yarn is beautiful too.
    I also like to believe in karma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look lovely and very soft :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute baby bib!! So wonderful colors and it looks really soft, great that you got these skeins :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very very pretty indeed. Lovely bid. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete